Insider Info: [ca_audio url=”http://static.ncfchurch.org.za/audio/insiderinfo/2012/TheCoach/timothy_wk6_finance.mp3″ width=”500″ height=”27″ css_class=”codeart-google-mp3-player”]
1 TIMOTHY 6
- What part of Sundays message stood out for you the most and what did it get you thinking about?
- Describe how the world portrays the pursuit of money and wealth?
- Describe how the Bible, in particular this chapter, portrays the pursuit of money and wealth.
- Discuss the following statement – “As you read the Bible what you’ll find is that God wants us to love Him and love people and use money and use things. Sadly, we live in a world that has a completely inverted view of reality. We love stuff and we love money and we use people and we use God.”
- How should Christians view money and wealth?
- Read 1 Timothy 6: 1 – 20
- What are your first impressions after reading these verses?
- Do you think Paul is saying that having money and being wealthy is bad?
- How is money and greed a “snare” or “trap”?
- Are fear and greed related in anyway? And if so how?
- What does contentment in Christ look like?
- Jesus looks at contentment and greed in Matthew 6: 19 – 34.
- How do we practically seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness?
- Jesus tells us not to be anxious how does living free of anxiousness look?
- What practical ways can we use money to love God?