Opening Question: Where is the best place on earth that you have ever been to?
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
Jesus spoke about heaven, hell, the judgement and the end of the age in almost every chapter of Matthew.
- Matt 4:17 – repent for the kingdom of heaven is near
- Mat 5:12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so
- Mat 6:9 Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name
- Mat 6:10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
- Mat 10:32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven,
- Mat 19:14 but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat 19:21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”
- Mat 22:2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son,
- Mat 24:30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
1. When you think of heaven, what do you imagine?
Leaders Guide – Helpful notes from Steve’s preach:
– A home where you are known and expected.
– A home where the whole family will be.
2. How do we live our lives with the knowledge that Jesus is coming back to take us home?
Leaders Guide – Heb 11 speaks about “living as pilgrims passing through.”
3. Just as a valid passport is needed to enter a country, so too do we need Jesus to enter Heaven. i) Who can we pray for who is unsaved and ii) Who can we ask God to use us in their lives?
– Pray for unsaved friends, family, colleagues
– If there are any unsaved people in the meeting, ask whether any would like to respond.