By Grant Crawford
We have learnt a lot about ministering to the elderly during our years here at NCF Church. Here are a couple of points we think are valuable when it comes to ministering to the elderly.
- The older you get the more resistant you get to the gospel.
- Send the elderly to preach the gospel to the elderly.
- Honour the elderly, especially in times of big change.
- A widow’s list is necessary for a reason.
- A dedicated person in this arena is invaluable
- The Biblical imperative is families look after widows first, then the church.
- The elderly are capable of amazing fruitfulness till the very end of their lives
- The elderly can relate to the young, they just need the environment/invitation.
We hope that this resource blesses you and your ministry to the elderly. Feel free to print, edit and distribute this document.