What do you know a lot about, or what are you an expert in? Tell everyone something that they don’t know about your area of expertise.
Read Ps 139:1-6, 13-18
- What do these verses teach us about God?
- In v17 David says: ‘How precious to me are your thoughts, O God.’ What do you think he meant by that?
- How does it make you feel when you read these verses and realize that God knows EVERY SINGLE THING about you, including every thought you have ever thought!?
- The fact that God knows everything should leave us feeling very loved, as well as very sober. It is worth emphasising both aspects. He loves us and knows us inside out. We are very special to Him. And He also sees every thought that we have and every motive of our hearts and wants to change us from the inside out!
- This subject can get into a fairly intense debate about Gods Omniscience (all-knowing) v Mans Free Choice. Eg If God knows who is going to heaven and hell already do people actually have a choice in the matter? And if God already knows what I am going to decide to do tomorrow, why should I bother asking Him for guidance? It is probably not worth getting into a raging debate over it as the best theological minds of the last 400 years have disagreed about how everything fits together in this area. But these things are certain – God knows everything. He also gave man free choice. I don’t know everything and therefore should constantly be relying on Him for direction and guidance! And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.