Have you ever wanted to be in more than one place at a certain time? Tell us about it…
Our understanding of space and time are very “human”. We can’t even begin to imagine being in the same place simultaneously, yet God is everywhere all the time. Augustine said: “God is not partly here or partly there. He is totally present at every point in the universe.” Take a moment to think about that…
– There is nowhere that God isn’t
– There is nowhere that God hasn’t been
– He has and always will be EVERYWHERE
- What do these verses teach us about God?
- What does this mean for me?
Jeremiah 23:24, Proverbs 15:3
- Have you ever tried to hide something from God? What does this verse mean for me when I want to hide things from God?
– The fact that God is everywhere brings great security and comfort: Hebrews 13:5 says, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you” It is impossible for God to desert you or abandon you. This is a great opportunity to tackle abandonment and loneliness, to pray for people who feel far from God, and to show them that God is always with them.
– Often we can try hide things from God because of shame and guilt and even disappointment, but we cannot hide anything from God. This is a great encouragement for our people because the devil brings condemnation to cause us to believe we are far from God and that God won’t accept us if He knows what we’ve done, but God is always with us and never far from us – this is a great opportunity to pray for people to be set free from condemnation, and also to show them that we can hide nothing from God. This is a great encouragement to walk in the light!