Who in your life has been the scariest female leader? eg: Teacher, Coach, Headmistress, Aunt/Gran, etc
Israel is living in sin and things are out of order amongst the people. The nation has a warped view of leadership. Therefore God has anointed Deborah, a prophetess and wife, to lead the nation of Israel.
1) Why does God view leadership in his Kingdom as important?
Read Judges 5 vs 1 – 2
2) Why are some men reluctant to lead?
(leaders guide – some men feel inadequate, scared, guilt ridden. As wives we need to encourage our husbands.
– Other men are just generally back footed.
Both of these types of men need an encounter with God! J )
3) Where do you feel you are at?
– A Deborah having to lead strongly because you are a single parent or for another reason? ( Remember God gave Deborah the Grace she needed to lead)
– A Barak needing courage from God to lead the way He has called you to?
(Leaders guide – allow time for God to minister to people through giving time for the Holy Spirit to touch people)
NB – Remember that Jesus shows us what true leadership is in Eph 5. Its laying our lives down serving . This is the role God has called men to play.